Tags: Happiness Heroes Lebanon
With summer just around the corner, now is a great time to learn about what you can do with all of those ice cream sticks you will be left with! Instead of throwing them away, you can use the sticks to create your very own ice cream stick house like the ones below!
Creating a house out of ice cream sticks is very easy.
Things you will need:
- Scissors or craft knife
- Popsicle/Ice Cream sticks
- Craft glue
- Acrylic paint
1. Decide how big you want your house to be. The size will determine how many sticks you will need to collect before building the house. Once you have settled on how big of a house you want to build, you will need to cut out a base for the house. You can make the base with cardboard or even a paper plate if your house is small enough.
2. Build the walls. The pattern for the walls will be the same no matter how large your house is. Lay out the sticks side by side until they form a wall about eight or nine sticks wide. Then take a Popsicle stick or two, and lay them horizontally on the bottom and top of your wall about a half inch from the ends. Once all the sticks are in place, secure them to the wall with craft glue. Continue to do this until you have created several wall panels.
3. Build the house. Once you have put up your walls, you will need to glue the sides together until it forms a box shape.
4. Create the roof. Once you have the square base, you can make the roof by laying additional sticks horizontally across the top of the house.
5. Decorate. You can now use acrylic paint to decorate your Popsicle house however you want to. Be creative and really make it your own!!
And you’re done!
Have you created an ice cream stick house before? Tell us about it, leave a comment! Or even send us a picture of the house you created and we will post it on this blog!